Monday, October 1, 2012

242.6

Yesterday's weigh-in was pretty good; I came in at 242.6, which is down 4 1/2 pounds from last week and 8 1/2 pounds total.

Mostly this is exciting, but there is still a part of me that feels like it isn't good enough. I really have to learn how to take control of that voice. I mean, the "I'll never be good enough" voice pesters me a lot, but if I don't learn how to control that voice, I'm liable to be come anorexic, bulimic, and/or an exercise addict. I have to remember that change takes time. I didn't put this weight on overnight, and it won't come off overnight, either.

Anyway, I got LOTS of support on Facebook yesterday which helped A LOT. The more outside voices I can hear, the easier it is for those good voices to drown out the evil one. Hmm...I wonder if I can conquer the "I'm not good enough" voice through my weight loss program - and have that carry over into the rest of my life? That could have HUGE (positive) implications! Interesting.

So my mom took me to a fondue restaurant today (my choice) to celebrate my birthday a few days early. And I feel okay about this. All I had all day until dinner was a banana and a granola bar for breakfast and another banana, some grapes, and a Fiber One Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie thing for lunch. So I saved up lots of points. I figure between tonight and tomorrow night (my dad and stepmom are taking me to Olive Garden), I'll use all of my bonus and exercise points, and I'll just be super good with my points the rest of the week, and I think I'll still manage to lose weight. Or at least not gain weight.

After my second workout at Curves today, I was still surprised at how FUN it was. I never knew exercise could be so fun; exercise was always boring. Then I came home and decided to take the dogs on a half-hour walk. Who would have ever guessed? I must be starting to get more energy already, which will be great!

I noticed at work today that my smock, which is usually taught across my belly, actually hangs loose now! That almost made my head explode. I didn't really expect to see changes after only 8 1/2 pounds, but they are definitely starting to happen already. That was such a mind-blowingly awesome experience.

I guess that's all I have for you all now. I'm just learning how to tackle all my issues one at a time and staying strong. As I learn and grow (and shrink) I will continue to share those experiences, and if I can touch, help or inspire even one person who reads this, I will have achieved a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment