Saturday, October 20, 2012

Exhaustion

OK, now that the initial rush of "Yay, I'm finally losing weight and taking care of myself" has worn off, here's where the discipline really needs to kick in.

I've always been tired, for years, for as long as I can remember. Even when I sleep well, I'm tired. One of my many reasons for finally losing weight is that I had hoped I would have more energy. That will hopefully be true in the future, but for now, I'm even more tired than ever! I sleep and sleep and sleep and it's never enough. I suppose that's my body's natural reaction to expending more energy (through exercise) and taking in less energy (calories)? How long will this exhaustion last? Hopefully not much longer. I'm sure eventually my body will get used to my new routine, but for now, I sleep on...

Also, I've hit a point where I'm pissed off to still be fat. I know that it will take months and months to lose all the weight that I want to lose, but it's still frustrating that after losing 16 pounds, I can't tell that much of a difference. I'm busting my butt at the gym and making smarter food choices, but I'm impatient, and I want results now! I can see it being very hard to stay motivated when I can't actually see results. Oh well, in about a week and a half, I'll have my one-month measurements taken at Curves, so hopefully I'll see results there that I can't see on my actual body.

I'm starting to see why so many people fall off the wagon, so to speak. I thought I would feel so much better so much quicker. I will stick with it, though, because I have to. I'm so tired of living life this obese.

So I plug on and keep going and hope it gets easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment