Friday, September 28, 2012

Curves

So I signed up for Curves today. It's a women-only gym that incorporates circuit training with hydraulic-powered weight machines. This means A) You get a complete workout in 30 minutes. B) You don't have to mess around adjusting the amount of weight on each and every machine. And C) Since you are only on each machine for 30 seconds, it's not boring.

Joining Curves was my Stepmom's idea. She thought we could meet there after work a few times a week. I knew I would be more likely to actually go to the gym if I had a workout buddy, so I agreed to look into it with her. Today I had my first workout and absolutely loved it! I was looking forward to always moving from machine to machine, but I couldn't have predicted how much fun it would be (compared to a normal workout). I was planning on using a free 30-day pass to make up my mind, but I had decided after one 30-minute workout.

So now with the addition of a solid exercise plan to my Weight Watchers plan, I have a complete...plan. There has to be a different word I can use...but I can't think of anything.

Oh well.

Anyway, for my first session today, they did a weigh-in. It's a different scale from my scale at home, so there's certainly a margin of error, but I weighed in at 243 pounds - already down 4 pounds from Sunday and 8 in the last week and a half!

So I'm feeling pretty awesome. I'm locked into a 1-year contract with Curves, so hopefully I can keep it up long-term. I really feel optimistic that I can finally lose the weight and keep it off!

In other news, the not-so-good news, my BMI was almost 45%. That was completely off the chart she had. That machine also said I have 109 pounds of fat. Everybody has A LITTLE fat at least, especially women. I'm pretty small-chested, so I'm sticking by my guess that I need to lose about 100 pounds.

So things are looking up for me. I'll report back in a few days with my next weigh-in and keep you updated. Things won't always be flowers and sunshine, so that's another reason for me to write about my journey, so that I can (hopefully) inspire myself (and maybe some of you) to keep going during the tough times.

So if you (or future me) need inspiration, keep it up, you can do it! I know, believe me, how hard it is. It's a lifestyle change, and it sucks, but also, it feels SO GOOD to finally take care of myself and my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment